DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE UP YOUR TRAINING? DO YOU WANT TO SET A GOAL AND SEE IT THROUGH?
If you answered 'Yes' to any of the above then why not join our Couch To Combat Programme to really change up your outlook and push yourself further than you would have before!
WHAT IS THE COUCH TO COMBAT PROGRAMME?
The Couch To Combat Programme is a 20 week inclusive training porgramme designed to help give you a full introduction into Medieval Combat Sports.
The aim is to take you from inexperienced begginer through a phased and structured training programme to ultimately culminate in your first, full contact armoured fight with another CtoC trainee after 20 weeks.
WHAT DOES THE PROGRAMME COVER?
The Couch To Combat Programme is broken down into 3 main phases.
- Phase 1: In this phase we focus on building the physical fitness and conditioning required for this high intensity sport. We also focus on the foundations of sword and shield striking and grappling.
- Fitness & Conditioning - Striking - Clinch Work - Grappling -
- Phase 2: In this phase we continue to build upon the basics and progress into getting comfortable. With the improved fitness we add movement into the techniques and light contact drilling with Soft Kit.
- Footwork - Striking with Movement - Takedowns - Transitions -
- Phase 3: Entering this final phase of the 20 weeks of training we shift into the tacitcal and mental aspects of accelerating your performance. By this point you should have already seen that you can work through your limitations that you thought you had and really kick on to refine your style.
- Sparring - Armoured Grappling - Visulatisation - Striking Drills -
- Competition Day: So the time has now come. You have done the preparation, put in the blood, sweat and (hopefully not) tears. You'll arrive at the location/tournament, gear up and get yourself in there for your first full contact armoured fight.
DO I NEED ARMOUR TO GET INVOLVED?
No you don't. We will provide all the equipment necessary for you to train, and fight.
HOW DO I GET INVOLVED?
Get in contact with us through our contact form to express your interest and we will look to schedule your start and match you up!